A team of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds in communities, the church, internal audit and the mainstream of the formal public and corporate sector of the South African economy.
Epitome Investments Team
Mpho Makwana is an accomplished business leader with an ethical track record and diverse experience acquired over 31 years overall; 26 of which have been in executive and C-Suite roles in the public and private sectors.
His current directorships for listed companies include;
- Non-Executive Chairman of Nedbank Group Ltd (NDBKF.PK on JSE),
- Lead Independent Director of Invicta Holdings Limited (INVICTA on JSE), and
- Non-Executive Director of Platinum Group Metals Ltd (PLG on NYSE and PTM on TSX).
He is also Chairman of the following Boards;
- Chairman of ESKOM SOC LTD Board of Directors,
- Chairman of the South African Forestry Company (SAFCOL SOC Limited),
- Chairman of The Boardroom Alliance (Pty) Ltd and Boardroom Alliance Africa (Pty) Ltd — trading as Heidrick & Struggles (Executive Search firm), and
- Chairman of Epitome Investments (Pty) Ltd (his family investments holdings company, which holds equity interests in LionPride Investments (LPI) and LRMG),
Mpho also volunteers as a Trustee on the Board of the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund as well as a Board Director of FLG Modise Pentecost Foundation.
He holds a Bachelor of Administration (B.Admin) from the University of Zululand (1990) and B.Admin Honours from the University of Pretoria (1991), an Executive Development Programme (EDP) from Kellogg School of Management (2000) as well as a Post. Grad Diploma (Retail Management) from University of Stirling (2008).
Tshiamo Makwana is a qualified social worker who works with children, adults and teenagers to identify and repair psychosocial challenges within communities.
By focusing on the individual and the collective she is uses empathy and advocacy to help vulnerable people live a normal and meaningful fulfilling life. She has worked for both government and faith-based groups. She now works for the Gauteng Department of Social Development.
She holds a B Social Work from the University of Fort Hare.
More Makwana is an experienced Internal Audit professional. Her career started at National Treasury, where she worked her way up to an Assistant Director.
Her private sector experience inclues KPMG, Flight Centre Travel Group and Santam Limited. She holds a Bachelor of Accounting Science from Wits, and certificates in Forensic & Investigative Auditing and Performance Audit from UNISA.
She is working towards her Postgraduate Diploma in Internal Audit through UNISA.